The American Numismatic Society is an organization dedicated to the study of coins, currency, medals, tokens, and related objects from all cultures, past and present. The Society's headquarters in New York City has the foremost research collection and library specialized in numismatics in the United States. These resources are used to support research and education in numismatics, for the benefit of academic specialists, serious collectors, professional numismatists, and the interested public.
- Fri. Jan. 27 Money Talks: P. van Alfen "America Under Pressure…" (5:30 pm)
- Fri Jan. 27 Exhibit "Art of Devastation" opens, Frances Loeb Art Center, Vassar College
- Sat. Feb. 11 Money Talks: Luncheon (1:00 pm)
- Sat. Feb. 11 Money Talks: P. van Alfen, G.Bransbourg, U. Wartenberg Kagan, “The Origins of Money.” (2:00 pm)
- Mon. Feb. 20 President's Day (ANS Closed)
- March TBA Money Talks: V. Gupta, “The Beginnings of Islamic Coinage in India.”