2022 Mid-Year Appeal
Over the past two years the ANS has greatly increased its virtual programming, bringing to our members’ homes weekly lectures and new educational courses. At the same time, the staff has been developing and improving the online databases, videos, podcasts, and publications. Most recently, with in-person activities finally resuming at our New York headquarters, we are happily greeting a growing number of visitors. Making the best of both worlds, our Money Talks series is now a hybrid program, allowing for both in-person and remote participation.
Such a continuous expansion obviously entails increasing costs. As a result, we need your help to sustain this growth with a contribution to the 2022 Mid-Year Appeal.
We have been working on new projects, and continuing existing ones:
- After a two-year hiatus, this June we will again welcome students to our headquarters for the Eric P. Newman Graduate Seminar in Numismatics with visiting scholar Dr. Jérôme Jambu of the Université de Lille and the Bibliothèque nationale de France.
- A new Lyceum session is underway with, for the first time, contributions by ANS Fellows.
- Curatorial personnel photographed, and cataloged—physically and digitally—15,000 objects in the ANS numismatic collections over the past twelve months. Meanwhile, both the curatorial department and the library expanded through the acquisition of significant artifacts, books, and archival materials.
- The publications department developed an ambitious list of print-on-demand books, with five new titles each month, including past publications that were no longer available.
- We are launching a new, completely revamped website.
- We are investing in technology to offer hybrid online and in-person events.
- The ANS will be represented at the XVIth International Numismatic Congress in Warsaw this coming September, while also providing travel grants to 10 members. We are also helping fund the numismatic research of a Ukrainian archaeologist who relocated to Warsaw.
We can continue to advance our programs and ambitions, however, only with your ongoing partnership. Please support our efforts through a 100% tax-deductible donation to the Mid-Year Appeal today.
From myself, the Board of Trustees, and the entire staff of the ANS, please accept our deepest gratitude for enabling the Society to be an unparalleled resource for numismatic enthusiasts worldwide.
Dr. Gilles Bransbourg