2020 Mid-Year Appeal
All of us at the ANS are profoundly appreciative of your steadfast dedication to this wonderful institution, and never more so than in the strange spring of 2020.
This time of year, we traditionally ask you for your financial support. Although the entire ANS staff has been working remotely since the middle of March, we are actually busier than ever. Much of our collaborative effort has been going toward making available to our members and the public at large an unprecedented amount of major new online content. We have also been focusing on the critically important task of updating and improving the collection database.
Among the highlights of the Society’s recent online efforts are these:
- A reinvigorated Pocket Change, the ANS blog
- Our new podcast, The Planchet
- The virtual Money Talks series, as well as the more informal Friday lunchtime Long Table discussions
- The completion of Hellenistic Royal Coinages (HRC), with updates to the PELLA and Ptolemaic Coinage Online (PCO) arms of the project and the launch of a new database: CoinHoards.org
- Updates to Online Coins of the Roman Empire (OCRE), with the new RIC volume published by Spink and covering Hadrian
- Roughly 15,000 records per week receiving major revisions within the ANS collection database (MANTIS)
- Revisions and updates to over 13,000 records in the ANS Library’s online catalog (DONUM), greatly enhancing date, language, and publication place search capabilities
And these are just some of the activities going on right now, along with our publications of books and journals.
We are fortunate to benefit from a long and distinguished history, dating back 162 years, and I am certain that we are building a thriving resource for many generations of numismatists, scholars, and enthusiasts to come. We pride ourselves on having been able to retain our entire staff during this crisis. Working together, we are demonstrating that our revered history can coexist with resilience, innovation, and dynamism.
But we cannot continue our hard-won success without your support. So please send us your donation. No matter what its size, it will help us stay strong for the future.
I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, I hope you and your family and friends are keeping safe, and well.
With the very best wishes and much gratitude,
Dr. Gilles Bransbourg
|In case you would like to ensure your funds are put to work on a specific task,we are suggesting several options.|
A major overhaul of numismatics.org
IT infrastructure to sustain digital push
Online research databases HRC and OCRE
Educational content for children
Support the Medieval and Renaissance Curator
Support the North American Curator
ANS general fund
Click the paypal button and enter your donation in the Price per item box and then the continue button to process your donation.