Required Readings prior to Start of Seminar
- Introduction to Numismatic Terms and Methods
- C. J. Howgego, Ancient History from Coins (London and New York, 1995) Check Amazon.com
- A. M. Burnett, Interpreting the Past: Coins (University of California, 1992) Check Amazon.com
Session Reading Lists
(updated at the beginning of each new seminar)
These are not required for incoming students but are provided as a useful guide to the various subject areas for students. Except where noted, these files are Microsoft Word documents to be downloaded.
- General Reading List: (HTML file) A brief bibliography of introductory titles. Students are encouraged to have begun working through these titles prior to the start of the seminar.
- Roman (general)
- Roman (Julio-Claudian)
- Roman (Trajan)
- Roman (Provincial)
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Numismatics