On March 8, 1858, sixteen-year-old coin enthusiast Augustus B. Sage penned an invitation to the first meeting of what would eventually become the American Numismatic Society (ANS). One of the earliest numismatic organizations established in the United States, the ANS was envisioned as a forum in which numismatists could engage in collegial, scholarly exchange.
To honor that vision, and to commemorate the spirit of those early meetings, the ANS has created the Augustus B. Sage Society, a select group for our most serious, dedicated members.
Augustus B. Sage Society
Sage Society programs are designed for numismatic scholars and collectors who wish to deepen their connection with the ANS and to share the passions and interests of others like themselves. Members are given exclusive access to travel opportunities, dinners, and lectures.
Sage Society Membership is available to those making an annual contribution to the ANS of $2,500 or more. Those who join can take pride in knowing that they not only belong to a select community of like-minded numismatists, but also that they provide critical support that enables the ANS to engage in exciting new projects while maintaining its position as one of the foremost institutions of its kind.
Benefits for Members
- Travel opportunities to visit private and public numismatic collections throughout the world
- Exclusive Sage Society receptions and lectures by renowned scholars
- Private tours of the ANS collection and library, including the Rare Book Room and Coin Vault
- Private curatorial consulting
- A 40% discount on all ANS publications
- Acknowledgement in the ANS Magazine
- Year-round access to the ANS research facilities and collections
- Opportunities to meet other top numismatic scholars and collectors
- Subscriptions to ANS Magazine and the American Journal of Numismatics
Augustus B. Sage Society Trips
Become a Member
If you wish to join or would like more information, please contact the ANS membership office at (212) 571-4470 ext. 117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also join now with the Donate button by using a credit card or PayPal account: $ 2,500 USD