ANS eBay Store Assistant
Summary: The American Numismatic Society is seeking a part-time eBay Store Assistant to help manage our eBay store and weekly eBay auctions. The right candidate will be able to learn quickly and feel comfortable working independently after training. Previous experience with eBay or handling numismatic material a plus, but not required.
About the ANS: Founded in 1858, the American Numismatic Society is dedicated to the study and public appreciation of coins, currencies, medals, and related objects. Ever since its foundation, the ANS has assembled a permanent collection, which currently has more than 800,000 objects dating from 650 B.C. to the present, as well as a numismatic library with approximately 100,000 books, documents, and artifacts. These resources support the publication of books and periodicals, and the hosting of lectures, academic seminars, and exhibitions.
Location: New York City (on site, not remote)
Part-time: up to 19 hours per week
Responsibilities and Duties: The eBay Store Assistant’s primary duty is to help manage our eBay store and assist with our weekly eBay auctions. Initially, the role will focus on:
- Packaging and shipping all sold items
- Assisting with photography of material and editing in Photoshop
Depending on the candidate, additional duties may include helping to research material to be sold, creating draft listings within the eBay platform, assistance with monitoring eBay auctions, and responding to customer inquiries.
Qualifications and Skills: Once trained in the role, the eBay Store Assistant will be expected to perform most tasks independently, and should have the following soft skills:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and meticulous about keeping records
- Motivated to learn quickly and problem-solve when issues arise
- High School diploma or equivalent
Additionally, the following hard skills are a plus:
- Experience with securely packaging collectibles and fragile items, and shipping via USPS
- Familiarity with photographing numismatic material (coins, medals, tokens) as well as books and catalogs using a phone camera or digital camera
- Basic Photoshop experience, especially as it relates to refining selections and running action scripts in Photoshop
- Numismatic knowledge in any area (U.S. coins, world coins, medals, etc.)
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for two references via email to email@example.com
Employment at the American Numismatic Society is dependent on a successful background check.
The American Numismatic Society is an equal-opportunity employer.
The American Numismatic Society, organized in 1858 and incorporated in 1865 in New York State, operates as a research museum under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and is recognized as a publicly supported organization under section 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) as confirmed on November 1, 1970.