Together, we have been through many unforeseen situations during the past year. Throughout it all, your support has never wavered, and we wish to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the abiding faith you have shown the Society.
Today as we begin our Year-End Appeal, we enter a critical fundraising window for the ANS; and we ask you again for your help.
In many respects we have grown much stronger this year. The need to physically isolate ourselves from our visitors has fortunately led to the rapid development of many innovative programs. Consequently, we have redoubled our commitment to providing our members with information and experiences they are otherwise unable to access.
Most notably, we have been able to:
- host many more of our popular virtual lectures and lunchtime sessions
- work on creating a new website that will greatly facilitate a user’s ability to engage in and make use of the treasured resources at our disposal
- prepare additional online videos for broad audiences
- respond to hundreds of requests to the Library for scanned documents and images from all over the US and around the world
- field many queries to our Collections Manager about items in our collections
- provide images and information about numismatic objects for research by collectors, students, and scholars worldwide, as well as for use by museum curators for forthcoming exhibitions
Our members and donors have long been very generous in their giving to the Society, allowing the ANS to retain its entire staff during the current crisis. Your continuous support has given us all hope, encouragement, and the resolve to continue with our ambitious project list.
Please keep our beloved institution thriving and growing. Make a contribution now to the ANS’s Year-End Appeal, and help clear our path to brighter times ahead.
With deep gratitude,
Chairman, Board of Trustees